Last Revision Date: March, 2016
Affiliate, Partner and Third-Party Web Sites
Purpose of Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact an individual. Ontrack collects Personal Information in order to complete online transactions that you may place with us, and also to act upon instructions that you may give to us.
What Personal Information Ontrack Actively Collects
- When you register to receive periodic email correspondence from us or to download information from our website, or to give us instructions regarding your account, we may collect Personal Information that includes, but is not limited to, your name, company name, physical mailing address, your email address, and phone number(s).
- When you complete a transaction with us, such as purchasing a product or entering into a services agreement, we may collect Personal Information that includes, but is not limited to, billing information such as credit card numbers and security codes, shipping information and contact information. We do not collect social security numbers.
- When you attend trade shows or other events, we may collect Personal Information that includes, but is not limited to, your name, company, address, email address, work address, and phone numbers.
- When you visit the careers section of the website or register your interest in working for us, you may be asked to provide your email address, residence, education, work experience and other similar information.
- If you access one or more of Kroll Ontrack’s web based technology platforms, you may be asked to provide certain Personal Information in order to access those web – based services.
What Personal Information Ontrack Passively Collects: Cookies and Other Technologies
Ontrack’s web site, online services, applications, platforms, email messages, and advertisements, if any, may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons ( pixel tags and web beacons are together known as “Other Technologies”) to collect information about you (pixel tags and web beacons are also known as clear GIFs action tag or web tags). A cookie is a small data file stored on the web browser on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie associates the identification numbers built into the cookie with information about you that you have provided to us. This association allows us to recognize who you are when you arrive at our web site. Other Technologies tell us where on our website you have visited, counts how many users visited certain web pages within our web site, and measures the effectiveness of advertisements, if any, and web searches. Please see our Cookies Policy for further information.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Affiliates: Ontrack may share any or all of your Personal Information with and among its affiliated or related entities, including Ontrack affiliates located in the EU and elsewhere. These affiliated companies will use your Personal Information only to accomplish the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected. Any onward transfer of your Personal Information may also be done to allow these entities to offer you information about their businesses, products or services that may be of interest to you, or for other lawful business purposes.
Business Partners and Service Providers: Ontrack may share your Personal Information with companies which provide services such as, but not limited to, online chat, product promotion via email, order fulfillment, e-commerce, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in products and services, information processing, conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys, and online job applications. These companies are obligated to protect your Personal Information.
Other: Ontrack may, if required by law, legal process, litigation and/or requests from public or governmental authorities, disclose your Personal Information. We may also disclose Personal Information about you if we determine, in good faith and in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary for purposes of national security, law enforcement, the prevention of a crime, or other issues of public importance. We may also disclose Personal Information about you if we determine, in our sole discretion, that it is reasonably necessary to enforce the TOU, or to protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a corporate reorganization, merger or acquisition, or sale, we may transfer any and all Personal Information we collect to a relevant third party.
Opting Out: How You Control the Use of Your Personal Information
In the event you decide that you want to opt out from Ontrack’s use of your Personal Information that you previously provided to Ontrack, you may opt out of our use of your Personal Information by notifying Ontrack by email at:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Integrity, Protection and Retention of Your Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
There may be times that you wish to access your Personal Information. Ontrack makes commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information so you can instruct us to correct or update the Personal Information if it is inaccurate, or delete your Personal Information if Ontrack is not required to retain it by law or for a legitimate business purpose. To receive a copy of your Personal Information, or to provide instructions to us on what you want corrected or updated, send us an e-mail at: email@example.com.
This web site is not intended for use by children. Ontrack does not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain the consent of your parent or guardian to use this Web Site. Ontrack encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.